Requalifications training class starts in the classroom on Day #2 of Initial Exposed Firearms class. Call for appointment and registration.
Prior to renewing your Exposed Firearm Permit you must do 4 requalifications and one written exam. 2 requals done within 12 months, both being no less than 4 months apart for a total of 4 requals required in 2 years prior to submitting your renewal application. For faster processing, it is recommended to submit your renewal application Online through BREEZE.
You will need to upload: your BSIS Renewal Application, (4) pages of the requal forms signed by the instructor, DOJ form, and credit card information through your portal on BREEZE. Follow directions carefully.
You must submit your renewal application to BSIS between, no more than 90 days and no less than 60 days before your permit expires or it will be delayed. They will send you a renewal notice as a courtesy. If expired by one day, you must take the Initial Exposed Firearms course again.
At each requalification date, before you go to the range shooting requalification, you must attend a classroom 2-hr. refresher class which covers de-escalation and use of force course. On one of the requal dates, you must advise the instructor that you have to take a required BSIS Exposed Firearm written exam.
Bring the following:
- PPE face covering - must be worn at all times during the classroom portion of this course (N95 masks recommended)
1. All current two years requalification papers signed by an Instructor
2. Valid ID, DL, US passport, Birth Cert, DD-214, Naturalization Cert, Perm Resid. Alien card
3. Pen & notebook Dress appropriately for the range weather; rain, cold, or hot
4. Wear comfortable clothes, ball cap, long sleeve closed collar shirt, (option cargo pants). Dress appropriately for the range weather; rain, cold, or hot
5. No shorts, and no tank top, and no sandals, and no sweats
6. Eye protection and ear protection
7. Wear a belt with ammo pouch and gun holster for the range
8. Bring at least two magazines for pistol or one speed loader for revolver
9. 100 rounds of ammo, we do not sell ammo, and No reloaded ammunition allowed
10. Make sure your gun is clean and lightly oiled or you will not shoot
Firearm rentals are available. Rentals must be reserved in advance and must use our ammo.
Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course. DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICES TO ANYONE.
Failure to follow directions or if a student is unsafe on the range, the Firearms Instructor or the RSO can eject the offender from the range and the class. There is no refund.
Students will be charged a cancellation fee $15, if you cancel any class. However, no fee is charged for rescheduling classes.
Classes are typically held rain or shine. Delta Tactical Training Group reserves the right to cancel any class. For your safety, classes may be cancelled due to extreme or unsafe environmental conditions, or if class participation does not meet our minimum attendance requirement. You will be notified by one of our representatives in the event a class is cancelled.
BSIS Baton Training Course