Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) – 4-hour Renewal course
Regular price - $150.00
Our 4-hour Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) course is designed to satisfy the requirements of the State of California in order to obtain your CCW in Contra Costa County.
If you have not kept up with your firearms training, it is strongly recommended that you take our Pistol Safety and Fundamentals class prior to taking this CCW course.
Topics to be covered:
- Handgun safety and storage
- Safety practices
- Transportation of firearms
- CCW holder responsibilities
- California state and federal CCW laws
- Legal use of deadly force – legal and moral implications
- Defensive shooting techniques
- Live fire instruction
What to Bring to Class:
- Valid California DMV issued driver’s license or ID
- Handgun (s) for permit (revolver or semi-automatic pistol). California requires that guns listed on your permit, must be registered to you in the state of California
- Make sure to bring clean and lightly oiled firearm. Each firearm will be inspected for function and cleanliness
- Make sure to bring the firearm unloaded and in a locked gun box
- Dominant side hip-mounted or belt-mounted holster, preferably a level 1 retention holster, preferably Kydex (No Serpa-style holster allowed)
- Two magazines and pouch (s) (three magazines preferred) for each pistol
- 60 rounds of ball ammunition (full-metal jacket) for your main handgun and 60 rounds for an additional firearm as listed on your application, no hollow points (home defense ammunition). Please bring an additional 50 rounds of ammunition for your main handgun to be used as time on the range permits.
- Factory manufactured ammunition only, no reloads.
- Wrap around Eye and Ear protection (It is strongly recommended that applicants bring electronic ear protection so that range instructions are clearly audible)
- Close-toe shoes, boots or tennis shoes that allow for rapid movement
- No sandals, slippers or clogs
- No low-cut necklines and open-collar shirts
- No tank tops and shorts
- Speed loaders such as UpLULA® for semi-automatic pistols or speed loaders for revolvers, are optional
- Baseball cap or visor
- Water bottle, food and snacks
You must bring all guns and equipment indicated above to class. Please do not bring any ammunition into the classroom. Please leave your ammunition locked in your trunk until instructed otherwise.
Requirement: Students must be at least 21 years of age or older to participate.
You must be a citizen of the United States or have permanent legal alien status and show a valid driver’s license or other valid photo identification to use a firearm in connection with any services provided under this agreement. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed on the range.
All classes taught by Delta Tactical are in English. Please read this thoroughly before signing up for any classes offered by Delta Tactical. At this time, we do not provide or allow translators to accompany students during classes, nor do we allow usage of translation applications "apps", software or other translation services to be used during classes. Students who attend our classes must be fluent in the English language and be able to understand, read and write in English.
Contra Costa County Applicants:
Applicants must complete a qualification course of fire conducted by Office of the Sheriff staff at the Office of the Sheriff range. Applicants’ firearms will be inspected at the time of the range qualification for compliance with Office of the Sheriff requirements. The following is information on the qualification course:
- B-27 silhouette target
- All shots must be inside the 7 ring
- Minimum passing score 126 or 105 for five shot firearms (70% accuracy)
- 5 yards – 6 rounds in five seconds; 7 yards – 6 rounds in 10 seconds; and 10 yards – 6 rounds in 15 seconds
- Reload after each string of fire
- All shooting done from hip holster
- Applicants must demonstrate safe firearm handling during the qualification
Applicants must possess the following items for the qualification course:
- A hip worn holster designed for and which fits the firearm
- Shoulder holsters, ankle holsters, and cross draw holsters are not allowed on the range for qualifications
- 18 rounds of commercially manufactured ammunition for each firearm (15 rounds for five shot weapons) – no reloads
- Ear and eye protection
Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course. DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.
In order to continue supporting our customers and instructors, Delta Tactical Training Group requires 3 days (72 hours) cancellation/rescheduling notice prior to your scheduled arrival date and time; otherwise, we will charge you a cancellation/rescheduling fee of 25%.