Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) – 8-hour course
Regular price - $285.00
Our 8-hour Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) course is designed to satisfy the requirements of the State of California in order to obtain a CCW in Contra Costa County. Please check the current regulations in your county in order to qualify to receive a CCW. (Links to county applications are listed below).
This is not an entry level course. It is expected that students are proficient in the use of their firearm. Attendance of the CCW course alone does not guarantee successful passing of the class. Contra Costa County requires applicants to also qualify with the Sheriff at their range, using a holster and a course of fire which is timed. If you are new to firearms and have little training in the proper use of a firearm, it is strongly recommended that you take our Pistol Safety and Fundamentals class prior to taking this CCW course.
Reminder, with all issuing authorities, you still have to pass a background check to be issued a CCW in California. If you fail to pass the background check, your CCW application will be denied. If you take this training course prior to being approved, there are no refunds if you are denied.
Topics to be covered:
- Handgun safety and storage
- Safety practices
- Firearm selection for carrying concealed
- Selecting concealed carry equipment
- Transportation of firearms
- CCW holder responsibilities
- California state and federal CCW laws
- Legal use of deadly force – legal and moral implications
- Defensive shooting techniques
- Clearing stoppages
- Live fire instruction
What to Bring to Class:
- Valid California DMV issued driver’s license or ID
- Handgun (s) for permit (revolver or semi-automatic pistol). California requires that guns listed on your permit, must be registered to you in the state of California
- Make sure to bring clean and lightly oiled firearm. Each firearm will be inspected for function and cleanliness
- Make sure to bring the firearm unloaded and in a locked gun box
- Dominant side hip-mounted or belt-mounted holster, preferably a level 1 retention holster, preferably Kydex (No Serpa-style holster allowed)
- Two magazines and pouch (s) (three magazines preferred) for each pistol
- 60 rounds of ball ammunition (full-metal jacket) for your main handgun and 60 rounds for an additional firearm as listed on your application, no hollow points (home defense ammunition). Please bring an additional 50 rounds of ammunition for your main handgun to be used as time on the range permits.
- Factory manufactured ammunition only, no reloads.
- Wrap around Eye and Ear protection (It is strongly recommended that applicants bring electronic ear protection so that range instructions are clearly audible)
- Closed-toe shoes, boots or tennis shoes that allow for rapid movement
- No sandals, slippers, or clogs
- No low-cut necklines and open-collar shirts
- No tank tops and shorts
- Speed loaders such as UpLULA® for semi-automatic pistols or speed loaders for revolvers, are optional
- Baseball cap or visor
- Water bottle, food, and snacks
You must bring all guns and equipment indicated above to class. Please do not bring any ammunition into the classroom. Please leave your ammunition locked in your trunk until instructed otherwise.
Requirement: Students must be at least 21 years of age or older to participate.
You must be a citizen of the United States or have permanent legal alien status and show a valid driver’s license or other valid photo identification to use a firearm in connection with any services provided under this agreement. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed on the range.
Contra Costa County Applicants:
Applicants must complete a qualification course of fire conducted by Office of the Sheriff staff at the Office of the Sheriff range. Applicants’ firearms will be inspected at the time of the range qualification for compliance with Office of the Sheriff requirements. The following is information on the qualification course:
- B-27 silhouette target
- All shots must be inside the 7 ring
- Minimum passing score 126 or 105 for five shot firearms (70% accuracy)
- 5 yards – 6 rounds in five seconds; 7 yards – 6 rounds in 10 seconds; and 10 yards – 6 rounds in 15 seconds
- Reload after each string of fire
- All shooting done from hip holster
- Applicants must demonstrate safe firearm handling during the qualification
Applicants must possess the following items for the qualification course:
- A hip worn holster designed for and which fits the firearm
- Shoulder holsters, ankle holsters, and cross draw holsters are not allowed on the range for qualifications
- 18 rounds of commercially manufactured ammunition for each firearm (15 rounds for five shot weapons) – no reloads
- Ear and eye protection
Links to County applications:
Contra Costa: https://www.cocosheriff.org/how-do-i/apply-for-a-ccw-permit
San Francisco: Carrying a Concealed Weapon (CCW) Information and Application | San Francisco Police Department
DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.