CA law requires all security guards to pass a 40-hour BSIS Powers to Arrest training course and possess a CA state issued Guard Card. BSIS – Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
This initial 8-hour course will allow you to obtain a CA BSIS Guard Card. In addition, you will also be required to pass 32 hours of training, which must be completed within 6 months after applying for the guard card.
Please arrive at 8:30 a.m. for registration. Class starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m.
The BSIS Guard Card course is an 8-hour class that covers the required “Powers to Arrest” and “Weapons of Mass Destruction”. You must pass a written test before you can submit your application. The training certificate will be issued at the end of the course.
1. Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License, ID Card, or U.S. Passport
2. Must be at least 18 years old or older
3. Must be a citizen of the United States or have permanent legal alien status.
4. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course. DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.
PPE face covering - must be worn at all times during the class (N95 masks recommended)
Bring the following:
1. Pen and notebook
2. CA Photo ID, DL, or U.S. Passport and Social Security Card (original)
Suggestion: Download BSIS Powers to Arrest training manual to study before class.
Note: The cost of the course does NOT include the BSIS application fee or the Live Scan fee for the DOJ/FBI Criminal Background Check that are mandatory requirements.
For faster processing, it is recommended to submit your application online by going to the BSIS website and register/log in to the BREEZE. You will receive your BSIS Guard Card within 2-6 weeks.