Effective May 2023: This class requires you to have a Guard Card. Please bring your physical BSIS issued Guard Card to class with you.
The BSIS INITIAL Exposed Firearms Training is a 2-day, 16 hours training course:
- Day #1: Classroom Lecture |
- Day #2 Written test and Shooting Range Qualification test |
At the end of the lecture, you are required to take and must pass the written test in order to continue to the shooting range. The BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit is valid for 2 years. Processing time 2-4 mos.
Obtaining your BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit:
It is recommended and for faster processing time to submit your firearm application Online. You will need to upload the following: BSIS Exposed Firearm application, Shooting Qualification form filled out by the instructor, Live Scan form, and your Credit Card info. Log into: BREEZE, register your name, click on Firearm, and follow directions. Or you can mail in your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, an individual must pass an assessment test. The assessment is called the Sixteen Personality Factor Questionnaire (16pf) that is widely used to assess the appropriate attributes for a security guard as specified in BPC Section 7583.47, appropriate judgment, restraint and self control.
The BSIS Exposed Firearm Training course is designed to teach students the moral and legal aspects of firearm use, safe handling, cleaning the firearm, fundamentals of shooting, drawing and holstering, and emergency procedures. On the second day we will cover: use of force, de-escalation, written test, and ending the day with shooting range qualification test. No reloaded ammunition allowed and the gun must be clean or not allowed to shoot. Guns & ammo will be inspected. Must transport the firearm in a locked gun box with no ammo inside, and bring safe working holster and ammo pouch. Training Certificate will be issued at the end of the course.
Arrive early, 8:30 a.m. for registration, class starts at 9:00 a.m.
The second day of the class will start at 9:00 am.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age or older
2. Must be U.S. Citizen
3. Bring: ID, DL, U.S. Passport, (Original, no copy) DD-214, Birth Certificate, Naturalization paper, Permanent Resident Alien ID.
4. No conviction: Felony, Violent Misdemeanor, Restraining Order, Domestic Violence, & etc.
*Must have a guard card*
Bring the following:
1. Pen & notebook. Wear proper clothing for the range weather: rain, cold, or hot
2. Wear comfortable clothes, ball cap, long sleeve closed collar shirt, (option cargo pants)
3. No shorts, and no tank top, and no sandals, and no sweats
4. Wrap around Eye protection and Ear muff protection
5. Wear a belt with ammo pouch and gun holster for the range
6. Bring at least two magazines for pistol or one speed loader for revolver
7. 100 rounds of ammo, we do not sell ammo, and No Reload Ammunition allowed
8. We rent firearms, AND must use our ammo. Advise instructor if you need to rent
Suggestion: Download BSIS Firearms Training Manual and study before class.
All classes taught by Delta Tactical are in English. Please read this thoroughly before signing up for any classes offered by Delta Tactical. At this time, we do not provide or allow translators to accompany students during classes, nor do we allow usage of translation applications "apps", software or other translation services to be used during classes. Students who attend our classes must be fluent in the English language and be able to understand, read and write in English.
Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course. DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.
Failure to follow directions or is found to be unsafe on the range, the Firearms Instructor or the RSO can eject the offender from the range and the class. There is no refund.
In order to continue supporting our customers and instructors, Delta Tactical Training Group requires 3 days (72 hours) cancellation/rescheduling notice prior to your scheduled arrival date and time; otherwise, we will charge you a cancellation/rescheduling fee of 25%.