CA law requires all Security Guards must take and pass a 40 hours BSIS Security Guard - Powers to Arrest training course and possess a CA state issued Guard Card. BSIS – Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
This initial 8-hour course will allow you to obtain a CA BSIS Guard Card, but the other required 32 hours training must be completed within 6 months after applying for the guard card.
Please arrive at 8:30 a.m. for registration, class starts at 9:00 a.m. ends at 5:00 p.m.
The BSIS Guard Card course is an 8-hour class that covers the required “Powers to Arrest” and “Weapons of Mass Destruction” and must pass a written test before you can submit your application. The Training Certificate will be issued at the end of the course.
1. Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License, ID Card, or U.S. Passport
2. Must be at least 18 years old or older
3. Must be a citizen of the United States or have permanent legal alien status.
4. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course. DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES TH RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.
Bring the following:
1. Pen and notebook
2. CA Photo ID, DL, or U.S. Passport and Social Security Card (original)
Suggestion: Download BSIS Powers to Arrest training manual and study before class.
Note: The cost of the course does NOT include the BSIS application fee or the Live Scan fee for the DOJ/FBI Criminal Background Check that are mandatory requirements.
It is recommended and for faster processing, to submit your application Online by going to BSIS website and register and log in to the BREEZE. You will receive your BSIS Guard Card within 2-6 weeks.