o carry a baton as a CA Security Guard, you are required to take an 8-hour BSIS Baton Training Course. Upon completion of the baton training and upon passing the written test, you will receive your Baton Permit.
**Carrying a baton without a BSIS baton permit and a valid BSIS guard card is a Felony in California.**
The BSIS Baton Training Course is designed to teach students discretion, restraint, and techniques involving baton handling. The course will cover moral/legal aspects, use of force, and de-escalation. The training will cover the use of: straight batons, side-handle batons, and expandable batons. The first 4 hours cover lecture and a written test (must pass to continue). The last 4 hours cover practical hands-on techniques. The BSIS Baton Permit will be issued upon successful completion of this 8-hour course.
Note: ***Only registered Security Guards or Security Guard applicants may enroll in this course***
Please arrive at 8:30 a.m. for registration. The class begins at 9:00 a.m.
Suggestion: Download BSIS Baton training manual to study before class.
Course consists of 4 hrs. lecture and 4 hrs. hands-on training with a baton, totaling 8 hours.
1. Moral and legal aspects of baton usage
2. Use of force
3. De-escalation and escalation of force
4. First aid for baton injuries
5. Practical hands-on technique of baton handling.
1. Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License or ID Card
2. Bring a valid BSIS Guard Card
3. Must be at least 18 years of age or older
4. Must be a U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident alien status
5. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course.
1. Must wear a belt
2. Loose comfortable clothing, no sweats
3. Tennis shoes or comfortable boots
DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RREFUSE SERVE TO ANYONE.