To carry a baton as a CA Security Guard, you are required to take an 8-hour BSIS Baton Training Course. Upon completion of the baton training and passing the written test, you will receive your Baton Permit at the end of the course. If you carry a baton without a BSIS baton permit and a valid BSIS guard card is a Felony in CA.
The BSIS Baton Training Course is designed to teach students discretion and restraint in the use of a baton and techniques of baton handling. The course will cover the moral and legal aspects, use of force and de-escalation of force. The training will cover the use of: straight baton, side-handle baton, and expandable baton. First 4 hrs. cover the lecture and written test, which you must pass to continue. The last 4 hrs. covers the practical hands on technique. The BSIS Baton Permit will be issued upon successful completion of the course at the end of class.
Note: ***Only registered Security Guards or Security Guard applicants may enroll in this course***
Please arrive at 8:30 a.m. for registration, and the class starts at 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Suggestion: Download BSIS Baton training manual and study before class.
Course consist of 4 hrs. Lecture and 4 hrs. hands on training with baton = 8 hours
1. Moral and Legal Aspects of Baton usage
2. Use of Force
3. De escalation and escalation of force
4. First Aid for baton injuries
5. Practical hands-on technique of baton handling.
1. Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License or ID Card
2. Bring a Valid Guard Card
3. Must be at least 18 years of age or older
4. Must be a U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident alien status
5. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course. DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE IGHT TO RREFUSE SERVE TO ANYONE.
1. Must wear a belt
2. Loose comfortable clothing, no sweats
3. Tennis shoes or comfortable boots
4. PPE is mandatory, including a face mask that covers your nose and mouth. Hand
sanitizer is also recommended.