The BSIS INITIAL Exposed Firearms Training is a 2-day, 16 hours training course;
Day #1: Classroom Lecture
Day #2 Classroom and Shooting Range training.
At the end of the lectures, you are required to take and must pass the written test in order to continue to the shooting range. The BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit is valid for 2 years. Processing time 2-4 mos.
Obtaining your BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit:
It is recommended and for faster processing time to submit your firearm application Online. You will need to upload the following: BSIS Exposed Firearm application, Shooting Qualification form filled out by the instructor, Live Scan form, and your Credit Card info. Log into: BREEZE, register your name, click on Firearm, and follow directions. Or you can mail in your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, an individual must pass an assessment test, which is a mini psychological questionnaire test prior to submitting an Initial Firearm Permit application.
The BSIS Exposed Firearm Training course is designed to teach students the moral and legal aspects of firearm use, safe handling, cleaning the firearm, fundamentals of shooting, drawing and holstering, and emergency procedures. On the second day will cover: use of force, de-escalation, written test, and ending the day with shooting range qualification test. No reloaded ammunition allowed and the gun must be clean or not allowed to shoot. Guns & ammo will be inspected. Must transport the firearm in a locked gun box with no ammo inside, and bring safe
working holster and ammo pouch. Training Certificate will be issued at the end of the course.
Arrive early, 8:30 a.m. for registration, class starts at 9:00 a.m.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age or older
2. Must be U.S. Citizen
3. Bring: ID, DL, U.S. Passport, (Original, no copy) DD-214, Birth Certificate, Naturalization paper, Permanent Resident Alien ID.
4. No conviction: Felony, Violent Misdemeanor, Restraining Order, Domestic Violence, & etc.
Bring the following:
1. Pen & notebook. Wear proper clothing for the range weather: rain, cold, or hot
2. Wear comfortable clothes, ball cap, long sleeve closed collar shirt, (option cargo pants)
3. No shorts, and no tank top, and no sandals, and no sweats
4. Wrap around Eye protection and Ear muff protection
5. Wear a belt with ammo pouch and gun holster for the range
6. Bring at least two magazines for pistol or one speed loader for revolver
7. 100 rounds of ammo, we do not sell ammo, and No Reload Ammunition allowed
8. We rent firearms, AND must use our ammo. Advise instructor if you need to rent
Suggestion: Download BSIS Firearms Training Manual and study before class.
Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course.
DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICES TO ANYONE.
Failure to follow directions or is found to be unsafe on the range, the Firearms Instructor or the RSO can eject the offender from the range and the class. There is no refund.