A law requires all Security Guards who want to carry Pepper Spray on duty must take a Chemical Weapons Training course and must carry a Chemical Weapons Training Certificate. Certificates must be carried with a valid Guard Card or the guard may be cited or arrested for a misdemeanor crime.
The Chemical Weapons Training Course is designed to teach students discretion and restraint in the use of chemical weapons along with techniques for proper pepper spray/tear gas handling. The course will cover the moral and legal aspects of chemical weapons usage. An inert canister of will be used for practice spraying on a target. Students will not be sprayed.
Students must successfully pass the written exam before a chemical weapons training certificate and card can be issued.
The Chemical Weapons Training Certificate card is valid for 2 years.
1. Moral and legal aspects of chemical weapons usage
2. Use of force, de-escalation
3. Chemical weapons familiarization and use
4. First Aid for chemical contamination
5. Fundamentals of chemical weapons handling
1. Only registered security guards or security guard applicants are eligible to take this course
2. Must possess a valid CA Driver's License or ID card
3. Must be at least 18 years old or older
4. Must be U.S. Citizen
5. Must have a valid BSIS Guard Card
6. PPE is mandatory, including a face mask that covers your nose and mouth. Hand
sanitizer is also recommended
Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course. DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.
NOTE: This course is given on same day as Handcuff Training Course. You can register for both classes on same day.