CA law requires all Security Guards who want to carry Pepper Spray on duty must take a Chemical Weapons Training course and carry a Chemical Weapons Training Certificate. Must be carried with a valid Guard Card or else, the guard may be cited or arrested for a Misdemeanor Crime.
The Chemical Weapons Training Course is designed to teach students discretion and restraint in the use of chemical weapons as well as techniques of proper pepper spray/tear gas handling. The course will cover the moral and legal aspects of chemical weapons usage. An inert canister of will be used for practice spraying on a target. The students will not be sprayed.
1. Moral and legal aspects of chemical weapons usage
2. Use of force, De-escalation
3. Chemical weapons familiarization and it’s uses
4. First Aid for chemical contamination
5. Fundamentals of chemical weapons handling
1. Only registered security guards or security guard applicant are eligible to take course
2. Must possess a valid CA DL or ID card
3. Must be at least 18 years old or older
4. Must be U.S. Citizen
5. Must have a valid Guard Card
6. PPE is mandatory, including a face mask that covers your nose and mouth. Hand
sanitizer is also recommended
Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to take the course. DELTA TACTICAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.
Student must successfully pass the written exam before a chemical weapons training
certificate and card will be issued at the end of the course.
The Chemical Weapons Training Certificate card is valid for 2 years.
NOTE: This course is given on same day as Handcuff Training Course. You can register for both classes on same day.